What are my options for buying and managing other kinds of phone numbers? (1-800, regional, etc)
The Buy Number utility was designed to be simple and to get people going quickly. The phone number search it performs on the backend is constrained in the following ways:
- Has to be a local number (excludes toll-free, national, etc)
- Has to have Voice and SMS capability
- Additionally constrained by the user-supplied search term
What this translates to is that there are not very many options available in some countries. So here is how to work around it:
- Buy a phone number directly from Twilio. The only Switchboard requirement is that this number needs to have Voice and SMS capability.
- Transfer that Number to your Switchboard account.